- Coppabella Location
- Attractive Remote Living Incentive
- Permanent Full Time Opportunity
Pacific National (PN) is the largest provider of diversified rail freight services in Australia. We haul a variety of freight including coal, intermodal containers, steel, and a range of bulk commodities and materials that keep the region’s economy, businesses and households running. We operate nationally with approximately 3,500 staff in over 100 sites across Australia. Join us as we continue to transform our business and shape the rail freight industry, to achieve our vision of becoming Australia’s recognised leader for safe, innovative and sustainable rail freight solutions.
About the opportunity
Our Train Crew Development Specialists have key accountability for all training and assessment of their assigned train crew teams. Driven by requirements to ensure a professional level of operations at all times, they will be expected to identify and address up-skilling opportunities as necessary.
Based at our Coppabella Depot, you will be required to spend time "on track" with our drivers, monitoring their operational knowledge and supporting this with the delivery of a mix of 1-1 and classroom-based training.
As part of the Depot Leadership team, you will liaise with your Supervisor/s and Training Manager on the competency and training needs of your train crew, to ensure operations are safe and meeting the needs of our customers.
Key responsibilities include:
- Development of highly competent Pacific National Locomotive Drivers
- Implementation and delivery of training plans, sessions and assessment activities
- Commitment to the ongoing promotion of the workplace safety culture
About your experience
Ideal applicants will be expected to have a positive attitude, strong work ethic, passion for the industry, flexibility and a commitment to upholding and promoting our company values.
To be successful in this role, you will need to demonstrate the following:
- Currently accredited Class 1 Locomotive Driver
- Solid understanding of rail operations including a detailed understanding of Pacific National’s rail operations and QLD Coal equipment is preferred
- Strong track record of safely operating locomotives
- Proven strengths in influencing and motivating, coaching and mentoring people
- Ability to enhance the strong team culture within the Coppabella depot
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels
- Current Cert IV in Training and Assessment or TAE is advantageous
We continue to provide a dynamic, innovative, growth-focused environment and we are a company that lives and breathes its values of Safety, Integrity, Accountability and Teamwork.
We embrace diversity in our workforce and encourage everyone to apply to any vacancies across our business.
Applications close on 28 October 2019.
Are you ready to be part of our future?
To apply, please click on the 'Apply' button below and follow the prompts.
To find out more about Pacific National, our benefits and opportunities we offer, visit our careers page: www.pacificnational.com.au/careers