Pacific National (PN) is the largest provider of diversified rail freight services in Australia. We haul a variety of freight including coal, intermodal containers, steel, and a range of bulk commodities and materials that keep the region’s economy, businesses and households running. We operate nationally with approximately 3,500 staff in over 100 sites across Australia.
Join us as we continue to transform our business and shape the rail freight industry, to achieve our vision of becoming Australia’s recognised leader for safe, innovative and sustainable rail freight solutions.
An integral role within our Master Planning Function, the Strategic Asset and Maintenance Specialist is responsible for ensuring that fleet capacity, allocation and deployment requirements are met to both support Pacific National business requirements and to maximise scale and synergy.
Reporting in to the Manager Fleet, Asset and Maintenance, an initial focus of the role will be on the strategic optimisation of our scheduled fleet maintenance, while also helping us to understand the lifecycle cost for each of our assets.
Key responsibilities include:
- Contribute to strategy development in relation to rollingstock and the deployment of maintenance of assets
- Assist in the identification of future asset needs
- Measure total cost of ownership to ensure an effective asset strategy that minimises cost
- Assess fleet, asset and maintenance implications of various operating modes and service designs
- Develop Fleet, Asset & Maintenance scope and metrics
In order to be successful in this role, ideal applicants will possess strong analytical ability, coupled with an innovative and creative thinking style.
In addition, ideal applicants will be able to demonstrate:
- Experience in engineering, maintenance and/or rail operations environments preferred
- Tertiary qualification in relevant discipline highly regarded
- Background in transport, logistics, heavy industry or other related industries will be highly regarded
Our culture embraces diversity, inclusion and flexible work options. Working for us will enable you to take ownership of your career and gain access to opportunities for growth and development, while enjoying Pacific National’s financial and non-financial benefits such as paid parental leave, opportunity to purchase additional annual leave, discounts on health insurance, travel and more.
We are looking for people who share our values of Safety, Integrity, Accountability and Teamwork, and live these values through open and honest communication and respect.
We embrace diversity in our workforce and encourage everyone to apply.
Applications close on 21 November 2019. Further enquiries can be directed to Robyn Peters, Recruitment Business Partner, on + 61 2 8484 8134.
Are you ready to be part of our future? To apply, please click on the 'Apply' button below and follow the prompts.
To find out more about Pacific National, our benefits and the opportunities we offer, visit our careers page www.pacificnational.com.au/careers
Home Safely Everyday - Our top priority is getting you home to your family safely every day.