Pacific National is committed to diversity in our workforce and encourages women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply.
- Drive the successful delivery of a pivotal program of work for our locomotive and wagon fleets
- Evolve our project delivery capability and implement impactful change
- 12 month fixed term position, North Sydney or Newcastle location
About the Role
Reporting to the Head of Maintenance Execution, this role has key accountability for managing the portfolio of projects aimed at the reduction of asset cancellations across our locomotive and wagon fleets.
This position will be responsible for the overall program and subsequent management of a number of projects and project managers, focused on the improvement of both locomotive and wagon reliability projects.
You’ll be expected to do this through the identification of failure modes and subsequent creation of targeted solutions, developed with the support of internal and external agencies.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ongoing development and delivery of reliability improvement program of work
- Management and measurement of all aspects of project delivery, ensuring the alignment to plan and project objectives, plus compliance to plans and implementation of recovery programs to correct deficiencies
- Facilitation of sound program and project management principles and appropriate approaches for project delivery alignment based on the nature and requirements of the initiative
- Management of project teams and resources
- Successful management of internal and external stakeholder relationships
To succeed in this role, you will be a flexible and agile Program Manager who possesses strong influential, negotiation and consultative skills to shape pragmatic outcomes.
You will have exceptional interpersonal skills that will enable you to build and maintain internal stakeholders and external vendors. Using high-level organisation skills, you will work effectively on multiple projects with conflicting deadlines and oversee and drive the delivery of projects to successful completion.
In addition, you’ll be expected to demonstrate:
- Demonstrated project management experience, preferably in transformation or continuous improvement
- Sound knowledge of a technical maintenance environment in any discipline and an appreciation of the various rail logistic pathways used in achieving maintenance activities
- Background in rail, transport, manufacturing, heavy industry, construction, engineering preferred
- Tertiary qualification in engineering, project management, business or other relevant discipline
Pacific National (PN) is the largest provider of diversified rail freight services in Australia. We haul a variety of freight including coal, intermodal containers, steel, and a range of bulk commodities and materials that keep the region’s economy, businesses and households running. We operate nationally with approximately 3,500 staff in over 90+ sites across Australia.
Join us as we continue to transform our business and shape the rail freight industry, to achieve our vision of becoming Australia’s recognised leader for safe, innovative and sustainable rail freight solutions.
We value diversity, inclusion, collaboration and the contribution of each of our employees. Working for us will enable you to take ownership of your career and gain access to the following benefits:
- Opportunities for growth and career development
- Access to mentoring programs
- Flexible working arrangements (subject to business needs)
- 12-weeks paid parental leave for all employees (at full pay following 12 months of service)
- Opportunity to purchase additional annual leave
- Provision of Salary Continuance Insurance
- Novated leasing and discounts on selected health insurance funds, travel, gyms, retail
Applications close on 23 February 2020.
For more information please contact Robyn Peters on +61 2 8484 8134 or alternately, apply today!
Are you ready to be part of our future? To apply, please click on the 'Apply' button below and follow the prompts.
To find out more about Pacific National, our benefits and the opportunities we offer, visit our careers page www.pacificnational.com.au/careers
Home Safely Everyday - Our top priority is getting you home to your family safely every day.