- 12 month fixed term opportunity, Brisbane or North Sydney based
- Play a key role in facilitating large scale change
- Join a business on a transformational journey
Pacific National is committed to diversity in our workforce and encourages women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply.
About the role
Reporting to the Transformation Manager Freight, the Project Analyst is responsible for supporting Pacific National’s Transformation program in our Freight operating business unit by way of timely reporting and analysis. The Project Analyst will be responsible for analysing and reporting on existing projects and initiatives. As well, the Project Analyst will be involved in the ongoing development, analysis and, implementation of productivity improvement initiatives identified through the Transformation program.
• Project Co-ordination and Reporting - 40%
o Work in accordance with Pacific National Project Management Office to assure correct Governance.
o Assist in the development and updating of Transformation schedules and reporting.
o Monitor Project/Initiatives progress, risks and issues and assist in the development of project reports and advise where potential intervention is required.
o Assist the Transformation Manager with other ad-hoc activities as required to achieve project deliverables e.g. researching and collating relevant information.
• Project and Continuous Improvement Leadership – 60%
o Lead and facilitate assigned projects and continuous improvement initiatives through to completion (with scope, time and budget).
o Drive efficiency and transformation in all business processes to reduce cost of delivery and leveraging scale.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Tertiary qualifications in Accounting / Finance
- Strong analytical skills with knowledge of P & L, financial models and operational metrics
- Ideally, prior experience in organizational wide projects in similar matrix organisation
- Exposure to large scale ERP as well as strong Microsoft Office skills
- Strong stakeholder management skills with the ability to influence outcomes.
We value diversity, inclusion, collaboration and the contribution of each of our employees. Working for us will enable you to take ownership of your career and gain access to the following benefits:
- Opportunities for growth and career development
- Access to mentoring programs
- Flexible working arrangements (subject to business needs)
- 12 weeks paid parental leave for primary carer at full pay following 12 months of service
- Opportunity to purchase additional annual leave
- Provision of Salary Continuance Insurance
- Novated leasing and discounts on selected health insurance funds, travel, gyms, retail brands, vehicles and more.
Pacific National (PN) is the largest provider of diversified rail freight services in Australia. We haul a variety of freight including coal, intermodal containers, steel, and a range of bulk commodities and materials that keep the region’s economy, businesses and households running. We operate nationally with approximately 3,500 staff in over 90+ sites across Australia.
Join us as we continue to transform our business and shape the rail freight industry, to achieve our vision of becoming Australia’s recognised leader for safe, innovative and sustainable rail freight solutions.
We are seeking applicants who share our values: safety, integrity, accountability and teamwork and live these values through open and honest communication and respect.
Applications close on 23rd February, 2020.
Are you ready to be part of our future?
To apply, please click on the 'Apply' button below and follow the prompts.
To find out more about Pacific National, our benefits and opportunities we offer, visit our careers page: www.pacificnational.com.au/careers
Home Safely Every Day – Pacific National’s top priority is getting you home to your family safely every day.