Join our state-of-the-art facility in North Sydney and be in the heart of logistic operations for a industry leader in Rail.
- Start a career in rail or expand on your background in transport and logistics
- Live run 247 roster remunerated with a Shift Allowance
- Be the first port-of-call for all calls into the service delivery team
Pacific National is committed to diversity in our workforce and encourages women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply.
About the role
As we continue to strive to be market leaders in logistic services we are seeking a Customer Incident and Performance Officer to join our Planning department. These roles represent a unique opportunity to start your career in Transport and Logistics industry, while working for one of Australia’s largest rail operators within a state- of-the art business unit.
Working as part of a team on 24/7 rotating shift pattern (each shift is 12 hours + 30 minute handover), you will be responsible for providing communication on service performance to customers, updating train schedules, implementing roster changes, monitoring all inbound/outbound calls, reporting repair work, updating our systems, managing shift handovers, supporting our train crew in the live environment and keeping them updated on all real-time information.
Key responsibilities include:
- Actively monitor the delivery of cargoes to our customers within service delivery standards
- Minimise the impact of any disruptions to the service delivery plan
- Key communication point for our customers for any queries or ETAs
- Primary contact point for load points/load ups, incident reporting & providing progress updates
- Provide advice on operating methodology and systems operating rules
Are you a dynamic individual who is highly customer centric and wants to partner with our business?
Whether you are a graduate or an experienced operator, your passion for continuous improvement and a desire to build your career in logistics will set you apart from the crowd!
You are systems savvy, good at thinking on your feet and enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic, operational environment. Capturing real time information and having effective conversations with colleagues and train crew will ensure your excellent communication skills are put to good use. If you excel in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment and are willing to learn, adapt and achieve, this is a role where you can really make your mark.
We value diversity, inclusion, collaboration and the contribution of each of our employees. Working for us will enable you to take ownership of your career and gain access to the following benefits:
- Opportunities for growth and career development
- Access to mentoring programs
- Flexible working arrangements (subject to business needs)
- 12 weeks paid parental leave for primary carer at full pay following 12 months of service
- Opportunity to purchase additional annual leave
- Provision of Salary Continuance Insurance
- Novated leasing and discounts on selected health insurance funds, travel, gyms, retail brands, vehicles and more.
Pacific National (PN) is the largest provider of diversified rail freight services in Australia. We haul a variety of freight including coal, intermodal containers, steel, and a range of bulk commodities and materials that keep the region’s economy, businesses and households running. We operate nationally with approximately 3,500 staff in over 90+ sites across Australia.
Join us as we continue to transform our business and shape the rail freight industry, to achieve our vision of becoming Australia’s recognised leader for safe, innovative and sustainable rail freight solutions.
We are seeking applicants who share our values: safety, integrity, accountability and teamwork and live these values through open and honest communication and respect.
Applications close on 26 Feb 2020
Are you ready to be part of our future?
To apply, please click on the 'Apply' button below and follow the prompts.
To find out more about Pacific National, our benefits and opportunities we offer, visit our careers page: www.pacificnational.com.au/careers
Home Safely Every Day – Pacific National’s top priority is getting you home to your family safely every day.